Save The Cat! (BOOK)
Carl King says:
The late Blake Snyder wrote a book that any creative person / artist can use to achieve two things:
1.) Learn how to start with the general and move to the specific, and
2.) Creating drama in any artform.
His focus on the concept of LOGLINES can help any artist, musician, or writer that has a problem "marketing themselves."
From the publisher's website:
He's made millions of dollars selling screenplays. Now "one of Hollywood's most successful spec screenwriters" tells all in this fast, funny and candid look inside the movie business. Save the Cat is just one of many iron-clad rules for making your ideas more marketable and your script more satisfying and saleable, including:
• The four elements of every winning logline
• The seven immutable laws of screenplay physics
• The 10 genres that every movie ever made can be categorized by and why they're important to your script
• Why your hero must serve your Idea
• Mastering the beats
• Creating the "perfect beast" by using… 'The Board'
• And how to get back on track with proven rules for script repair
This ultimate insider's guide reveals the secrets that none dare admit, told by a showbiz veteran who's proven that you can sell your script if you can save the cat.